My system is frozen with this: NSInvalid Argument Exception. What does that mean? Locking up comp

Jani
Jani
Community Member

I am totally frustrated. 1Passwords is locked up, I can't get to my login or my password for 1Password, I had to open a new account to write this message. I am a small business and I am dead in the water trying to get a response. I need assistance right NOW.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OX MAC
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My system is frozen with this: NSInvalid Argument Exception. What does that mean? Locking up comp

Comments

• Jani
    Jani
    Community Member

This is the 2nd time I have written. I have had 1Password for years but had to open a new account to make contact with you. Extremely frustrating. My view of my logins somehow got very small and the font extremely small. Hard to read and annoying. Every time I try to expand the view using the double bar (ll) icon in the lower corner of the login column it shuts down my program and I have to reopen. I also get a strange error message
    Please send me a response using my email.

Please answer me immediately.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OX 10.10.3
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jani

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password! First of all, can you please restart your computer and see if it helps? If it doesn't I'm afraid we're going to need some more information to know what's happening, so we'll need a Diagnostics Report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jani

I merged your posts so we'll be able to keep the conversation going on one thread and help you better. We'll be waiting for your Diagnostics Report over email :chuffed:

• Jani
    Jani
    Community Member

How do I get a diagnostic report????????

• Jani
    Jani
    Community Member

Yes, i have tried rebooting my computer.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016

Hi @Jani,

Sorry that you're still having trouble with 1Password after restarting your Mac. Did you see Pilar's earlier reply to you about sending us a diagnostics report? If that doesn't work, please send email to support+forum@agilebits.com and we'll help you get this sorted out. Thanks!

• Jani
    Jani
    Community Member

Again- how do I get a diagnostic report????

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jani,

Please use the 1Password Troubleshooting tool to generate a diagnostics report; instructions can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the report file to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your diagnostics report in the forum, and do include a link to this discussion and your forum username in the email.

You'll receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a support ticket ID. Please post that ticket ID here so we can track down your email with the report more quickly and get this issue resolved. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.