Keep getting presented with Welcome screen in Safari

Options

I have a client who is running into some 1Password issues. Whenever he launches Safari, his auto fill key command does not work. He instead has to click the browser extension icon in his Safari toolbar, which pops up and says "Looking for the 1Password app" for a few seconds, then launches a new tab that says "Welcome to the 1Password Extension," like it is launching for the first time. Once that happens he can use 1Password as normal.

He says this happens every time at restart or logging off. I tried reinstalling the browser extension but that didn't do anything. My client also says he has reinstalled the software, but I wasn't there for that so I'm not entirely sure everything he has tried.

I've seen a handful of people talk about this same issue over the years, but didn't see a clear cut resolution. Any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hi @jtaylor2d,

There are a few reasons why this might happen and the main reason you won't find any clear answers in the forums is these sorts of issues almost always require inspecting a diagnostic report and we only ask for those via email. We are most definitely happy to work with you and/or your client to figure this out though so with that in mind I'd like to ask you on behalf of your client or your client to create a Diagnostic Report. This guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

• jtaylor2d
    jtaylor2d
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect, I'll get the report and email it to the support department. Thank you for your help.

• jtaylor2d
    jtaylor2d
    Community Member
    Options

Just sent it your way. [#DTI-56741-819]

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Howdy @jtaylor2d,

I'll get the report and email it to the support department.

We all do support around here. :lol:

Just sent it your way.

It arrived okay; thanks for sending that in! After reviewing the diagnostics we'll continue the conversation through email to help you resolve this issue.

ref: DTI-56741-819

This discussion has been closed.