Instead of auto fill I get a context menu shown in Chrome

Options
tbekas
tbekas
Community Member
edited September 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

When I use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + backslash) I don't get my passwords filled in, instead I get the context menu from which I can navigate to select a logon data that I want to use and then I get the login form filled. However based on the current URL in the address bar of the browser the extension should be able to figure out on its own which logon data I want to use since logon data is related to URL.

I'm logged in into a non-primary profile on Google Chrome, however this profile is selected in the Preferences in 1Password desktop application. My sync type is Dropbox.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: Windows 8.1 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Greetings @tbekas,

When the 1p helper menu appears does it list just the one Login item or is it display more than one? While 1Password does match based on the URL it doesn't use the full URL, just the domain. If 1Password finds more than one Login item matches it will always display the menu so that the user can select which one they want to use. My understanding is many moons ago we used to match on the full URL but it was found to be a real pain and caused a lot of confusion. Now we just make sure it's the correct site. We'll wait to hear back and see if I'm misunderstanding the situation at all.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tbekas: I'm sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you're expecting 1Password to know about your Chrome profile, but that is unfortunately not possible. 1Password will offer you any logins which are a match for the domain you're on. So, for example, if you're at mail.google.com, you'll be offered any saved logins with google.com URLs. Does that match what you're seeing? 1Password will, however, offer the closest match at the top of the list, so if you have one for mail.google.com in particular, that should be listed first. But any time you have multiple logins saved for a domain, 1Password will show you a list to select from. It will only fill immediately if there is a single match. I hope this helps! :)

• tbekas
    tbekas
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables It lists all my saved login data and I have to manually navigate to the login data that should be used:

("Dane logowania" means logon data)

@brenty I'm expecting 1p not to know about my Chrome profile but just to fill my passwords. I just checked and I experience the same issue when I'm logged in into a primary profile.

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Greetings @tbekas,

That screenshot was quite useful in understanding what you're seeing and what is wrong. For reasons we still need to discover 1Password for Windows doesn't believe the Login item you're highlighting is a match for the site. If it had it would have listed the Login item above the first menu option titled Szukam.... I'd like to ask what URL or URLs are stored under the website field for this entry please. I wonder if they might highlight something.

• tbekas
    tbekas
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

@littlebobbytables There is exactly the same URL as in browser address bar, which is: https://secure.meetup.com/login/

Edit: I've checked a few new settings in 1P desktop app and now when I use the old method I get logged on but in a new window and on another Chrome profile. and I cannot go back to old behavior even if I get back to the old settings. So currently I have no way of logging in except for Copy-Paste from desktop app, but this functionality could be achieved with encrypted text file and it's not why I bought 1P.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hi @tbekas,

I've been communicating with another user recently with an issue that seems like it is related. I'm going to email you as amongst other requests I would like to see a diagnostic report from your PC. You'll receive an email from us shortly and I do apologise while we try to figure this out.

ref: WYH-49711-936

This discussion has been closed.