Data security concerns with 1Password extension

kennyt
kennyt
Community Member

What does this message mean in Safari extension? Could you please clarify it. Thanks.

I'm very concerned about passwords, phone numbers, and credit cards could be breached if using 1Password extension.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member

It's Safari telling you what permissions the extension has. But you're already trusting 1Password with your most sensitive data like passwords so this should not be of any additional concern.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kennyt

I'm sorry if the message from the Safari extension got a bit confusing. Safari is telling you what 1Password can do/access. You know that 1Password extension can do this: when you change your password/access a new site 1Password reads what you're having as input on a password field. When you use the extension to log into a site, 1Password writes on the site, etc. This warning is important in case you download an app for... checking the weather and it turns out it requires those permissions, that would be fishy and you'd be thankful the Safari warns you about it! In this case, as @pervel mentioned, it's exactly what you want 1Password to do :chuffed:

Please let us know what you think about this and if you have any other questions that we can help you with!

• kennyt
    kennyt
    Community Member

Thank you very much for your clarification, Pilar.
    I feel so much safer now! :)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kennyt

You're very welcome, and it's great to hear that it helped you understand everything about 1Password better! If you have any other questions or ever need help with something, we're always here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.