A Sync question

Entropy2016
Entropy2016
Community Member

Hello,

Apologies if this has been duplicated but i've spent the 30 mins googling without finding an answer.

I'm using dropbox to sync.

I've got 1Password 6.3.2 on my mac and 6.4.4 on my iPhone. For some reason the iPhone version is not syncing with my Mac database and I've tried a few restarts and re syncs on both devices but nothing is working.

On my iPhone its points to the dropbox key chain and I thought it was doing the same on my Mac but I've just gone into settings and sync is set up as none.

So does this mean they are both using completely diff keychains/vaults? what do I need to do to bring back in sync? the Mac database is the most updated from what I can see so do I delete the dropbox key chain that the iPhone is using and then sync the Mac with dropbox under the mac sync preferences?

Apologies for babbling but just want to make sure I get it right as its obviously got all my passwords etc..

out of curiosity what is the preferred/most secure way to sync between iPhone and mac?

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Entropy2016

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble syncing 1Password! Were your devices syncing before and suddenly stopped or you've never been able to sync them? It sounds like you only need to set up Dropbox sync again, on both devices. You don't need to worry about losing any data, however you might end up with some duplicates if you've stored the items separately on both devices. You can find the instructions on how to sync with Dropbox here: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

out of curiosity what is the preferred/most secure way to sync between iPhone and mac?

If you're just using Apple devices and one vault the easiest way to sync them is via iCloud, at least in my own opinion. It only takes a couple of seconds to set up and tends to work flawlessly :chuffed:

If you bump into any trouble setting up sync again please let us know and we'll be glad to assist you get it all sorted out!

This discussion has been closed.