Having trouble setting up WLAN Server between Mac and iOS, unable to enter secret code

johnhook
johnhook
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Mac

Syncing USED to be ALMOST easy-now it is an absolute NIGHTMARE! I do NOT want an online 1Password account for security reasons. The instructions for WLAN and DropBox do NOT work. The Wi-Fi Sync on my iPhone tells me to 1 Open 1Password on your Mac 2 Enter the Authorization Codes Secret 1: rum-duk-fid Secret 2: dod-nuc-dawg There is no place on my Mac to enter this info... Please call me ASAP at [phone# removed by AgileBits for your privacy]

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:Syncing USED to be easy-now it is an absolute NIGHTMARE! I do NOT want an online 1Password account.

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @johnhook

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some trouble syncing your 1Password data! We'll get it all sorted out and working in no time!

Just so we're on the same page and talking about the same article, the instructions to set up WiFi sync are these: https://support.1password.com/wlan-server/

You need to first follow the steps on your Mac then go to your iOS device. The authorisation code should be read on your computer and entered on your iPhone, I'm sorry that wasn't clear. Can you please try doing this and let us know if it helps you?

Please le tus know how this goes and if you need any further help we're here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.