New custom icon in Edit mode not shown until changes are saved

steve28236
steve28236
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Mac

It looks like the latest version of 1P has introduced a small bug into Rich Icon editing. I am using the AB version of 1P, not MAS. It was not present yesterday on 6.3.2, but I have also upgraded the OS since then.

When editing a Rich Icon yourself by copying and pasting an alternative, the icon flashes very briefly but then visually reverts to the previous. When you choose to Save the change and exit Edit mode the change you made is correct and visible.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.12
Sync Type: AB servers

Comments

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

Hello,
    since last update when I want to update the logo / icon of a login, it does not work properly. I drag & drop the image to the login, but it does not get updated so it seems that something went wrong. If I save the item, new new icon actually occurs.

It does not matter if there previously was an icon or I am setting a new one.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @steve23094,

Thank you very much for taking the time to report the issue you found when editing a rich icon! I was able to reproduce it exactly as you described, and I've opened a bug report so our developers can look into it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! Fortunately (and as you already know), the icon is successfully added since it's there once you click Save. It's a visual glitch in Edit mode, but certainly a confusing one.

Thanks again, and if you need anything else, please let us know! :)

ref: OPM-4381

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ondrejfuhrer,

I hope you don't mind, but I've merged your post with another thread about the same issue with custom icons. Thanks for taking the time to report that, and I apologize for the inconvenience! As you can see in my reply to steve23094, I submitted a bug report to our developers so they can look into this. I don't have any timeframe for a fix, but in the meantime, as you noticed, it shows the new icon once you click 'Save'.

We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

Thanks @Drew_AG ,

sorry for creating a new issue, I tries ti search but I didn't find this one, just other, not really related. Looking forward to the fix :smile:

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

No problem at all, @ondrejfuhrer! It's not always easy to find what you're looking for, and we certainly don't mind if you open a new thread. I just figured it made sense to combine both of these discussions together. :)

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Cheers!

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

Hello @Drew_AG ,

any updates on this issue? Several versions released but this one is still not fixed :(

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016

Hi @ondrejfuhrer,

Thanks for asking! However, I'm afraid I don't have any news about this issue. Our developers haven't forgotten about it (there's still an open bug report) but I don't know when they'll be able to look into & fix it. It's definitely odd to not see the new icon before clicking Save, so I'd like to see a fix for this too! I'll let our developers know you checked in to ask about the status.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you about that, but please let us know if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.