Cannot sync Mac with iOS devices

1passworduser23
1passworduser23
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Mac

Greetings - I setup my 1Password account on my mobile devices which are syncing between one another just fine. That said, I purchased the Mac software and I'm unable to sync my data to my personal Mac. I'm using iCloud on my iOS devices and cannot get my "Primary" vault on my Mac. I don't want to lose all the hours i spent building on my iOS devices. Any help would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.59
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• 1passworduser23
    1passworduser23
    Community Member

I think I figured out part of the problem....maybe....i'm running 10.11 and I'm upgrading to 10.12 as that's the version i downloaded when i purchased the software....that make sense to everyone?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @1passworduser23

I'm sorry to hear that you had some trouble with 1Password in your new device! The good news is that it's very easy to fix. Just go to Preferences > Advanced and then enable "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts". This will create the primary vault and you'll be able to see the Sync option so you can keep on using 1Password as you always have :chuffed:

Please let us know how this goes for you, if you need help with anything else we're here for you!

• Ann_makeitwork
    Ann_makeitwork
    Community Member

I am having a similar problem, but have my data on my Mac and on my iPhone my husband wants to access the data on his iPhone, put though i put 1Password on his phone and have enabled family sharing, nothing is getting entered onto his phone when we try to sync. Please help!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ann_makeitwork

I'm sorry if there's been some confusion with 1Password and how to sync it. It sounds like you're trying to sync local vaults with iCloud, is this correct? If this is the case then all devices need to be signed in with the same Apple ID, family sharing is not enough. You can find the detailed instructions on how to set up iCloud Sync here: https://support.1password.com/sync-with-icloud/.

If you don't want to have both of you signing in with the same Apple ID you can get a 1Password Families account. This would allow you to share any data that you want seamlessly. If you have any questions about any of this please let us know and we'll be glad to help you sort them all out :chuffed:

• Ann_makeitwork
    Ann_makeitwork
    Community Member

Thanks for trying to respond. I now have either 2 or three accounts. I have my original one, which I got through Apple APP store, I think. I have a second one (1password Pro) which I bought from Agilebits and have the license for, which I am using on my iMac, my husband's Macbook, my iPad and my iPhone. They are all using my iCloud account. We would like to get the passwords onto his iPhone, which uses another iCloud account (so we don't get each other's texts). So I have added another 1Password for Families account, as your above response suggested.

How do I get the current 1Password account, with the current data contact, into the new 1Password for Families account? Also, I have now paid for multiple accounts, and will have an ongoing charge for the 1Password for Families acct. Is it possible to get a refund on the 1Password Pro account or to get rid of extra accounts? Or to make them inactive?

Thanks

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ann_makeitwork

I'm sorry for the confusion going on with 1Password and the different ways in which it can work, it can for sure be tricky! First of all, you need to migrate your items into your Families account. Then you should invite your husband to your account: sign into your account > click on the name of your Family on the top right corner > click on Admin Console > click on Invitations.

Once you've invited him you should move the items that you want to share with him into the Shared vault, just follow the instruction on the link above but pick Shared instead of Personal

Also, I have now paid for multiple accounts, and will have an ongoing charge for the 1Password for Families acct. Is it possible to get a refund on the 1Password Pro account or to get rid of extra accounts?

Can you please shoot as an email to support+licenses@agilebits.com including the proof of purchase of the Mac AppStore and a link to this thread? We'll see what we can do for you over there :chuffed:

Please let us know if you have any other questions, or if there's anything else we can do for you!

This discussion has been closed.