I want to view only active items from my menu bar list so I can quickly choose.

bretrbowser
bretrbowser
Community Member

Hi,

I have many old credit cards due to past fraudulent activities (the bank closes them and reissues a card). When I receive a new card I add it to one password and add the start date in the title. I also keep the old card information around. I really like the menubar and extension views because I can quickly navigate to the Credit Cards section. However, my old credit cards appear along with my active ones. I use a naming convention (prepend an x to the closed card names) to help identify new vs old cards. The date in the name helps as well. Is there a more elegant way to remove old credit cards from the menubar and extension view list of credit cards so I am only choosing from active credit cards?

Thank you for the help.

Bret

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Chrome 4.5.9.90
OS Version: Mac Sierra
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I want to view only active items from my menu bar list so I can quickly choose.

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bretrbowser

Thank you for taking some time to contact us. The system that you have seems to be working pretty well for you, but if you want to clean up 1Password a bit more, you can always create a new vault for "archived items" and move the credit cards that you're not using anymore. You can then remove that vault from being shown in "All Vaults" so you only get to see it when you really need it. To create a new vault just go to the 1Password menu when it's unlocked and pick "Create new Vault".

Please let us know if you try this and what you think about this option :chuffed:

• bretrbowser
    bretrbowser
    Community Member

Thank you for replying with an idea. I'll give it a try when I have a few minutes. Quick question: How do you move items between Vaults? Sorry if this is simple but I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bretrbowser

I'm sorry I missed to mention how to move items :crazy: This video will show you step by step how to do this, starting at about minute 2:10. It's pretty easy and I think this will help you improve your organisation.

If you need help with anything else, we're here for you! :chuffed:

• bretrbowser
    bretrbowser
    Community Member

Thank you! I skipped right past "Share" without looking into it. Great support today. Simply awesome!

• rudy
    edited September 2016

@bretrbowser,

In addition to @pilar's suggestion, If you do find that you have a 1-off item that you'd like to exclude from the menu you can make use of the display setting for that item by setting it to "never display in browser" and it will be excluded from mini and the browser extension.

Rudy

• bretrbowser
    bretrbowser
    Community Member

Fantastic! Thanks for following up.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bretrbowser

On behalf of Rudy and myself you're very welcome! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.