Backup & Restore or Sync??

pops1368
pops1368
Community Member

Hi Guys,

I would appreciate some help with an issue I have with 1Password.

I recently upgraded from OS X Yosemite to OS X Sierra, unfortunately, the upgrade did not go well and with the assistance of Apple Support I ended up having to perform a "clean install" of OS X Sierra, which meant I lost EVERYTHING. Although my Mac is up and running OS X Sierra I am having to reinstall all my apps and here lies the problem with 1Password, I have lost ALL my logins etc and I assumed that it would automatically "Backup" ALL my data, which I believe I have o perform manually, myself.

My query is, that all my logins etc are also held on the 1Password App on my iPhone and wondered if there was a way I could "Sync" these with my 1Password App on my Mac?

Any help would be more than appreciated.

Kind Regards

Muz Khan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pops1368

I'm sorry to hear that you had some trouble updating to the new OS, I hope that everything goes well for you from now on and you don't bump into anymore trouble :chuffed:

If all of your most recent data is in your phone then the easiest way for you to get in your computer is to sync it. I think iCloud will be the easiest in your case. You can find out how to set up syncing here: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

Please let us know if this do the trick for you and if it all goes well in getting your data back in your computer :chuffed:

• pops1368
    pops1368
    Community Member

Hi Pilar,

Thank you so much for the reply and the advice, I am slowly, but surely, getting there.

The only other issue I have noticed with the 1Password app is that I am unable to locate the app in either the Applications folder or Launchpad. The only way I can access the app is via Spotlight.

Is this something you can also advise me??

Kind Regards

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pop1368

That's a very interesting thing that you've bumped into, and I'd like to see what's going on in 1Password for you! If you can open it, it means that it's somewhere. It would be very helpful for us if you could please send us a Diagnostics Report.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and connect the issue to this thread. :)

• pops1368
    pops1368
    Community Member

Hi Pilar,

Thank you for you reply.

I believe I have resolved the issue. I tried to use Spotlight to access the 1Password app, which for some strange reason it would not open. I therefore went onto the Agilebits website and downloaded the app once again and installed it once again, with success, which now shows in both the Applications folder and LaunchPad.

Thank you for all your help Pilar, which is really appreciated :)

Kind Regards

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@pops1368, on behalf of Pilar, you're very welcome! I'm happy to hear you were able to download the app and get it working again. My best guess is that the 1Password app wasn't actually downloaded/installed before, and Spotlight found a different file or folder with "1Password" in its name (so it may have looked like the app, but wasn't). But regardless of what was happening before, the important thing is that it's working now. Thanks for following up to let us know!

If you have more questions or need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know - we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.