Feature request for 1Password v6 on Mac

cory123
cory123
Community Member

When logging into a new site I get the popup asking me if I want to remember this login. This is fine, but can you please put the option to never remember for this site on the popup without having to unlock the app?

I don't want to type in my master password just to tell the app to ignore the site.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cory123

Thank you for taking some time to contact us and letting us know what you'd like to see in 1Password! I actually have good news for you! If you click on the little gear on the bottom left corner you'll get exactly this option :chuffed: You can see it on the screenshot bellow

If there's anything else that we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask :chuffed:

• cory123
    cory123
    Community Member

I only get that option after I enter my master password. Can I get that option without unlocking the app?

• Hi @cory123,

You can prevent it ahead of time by entering the site in the Preferences. Open the main 1Password app, unlock if necessary, and go to the Preferences and click on Browsers. In the box in Autosave, enter (as per your example) linkedin.com and close the preferences.

Then it should not ask you to autosave for that site after that.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• cory123
    cory123
    Community Member

That option wouldn't really solve the problem I'm having. The reason I want this feature (which is in the Windows v4 app) is that I work in the IT profession. It's just part of what I do to go to internal IP addresses. These aren't websites but just IP addresses to configure the devices. I know this sounds like a small request but when you're configuring devices that require a few reboots, every time you log into the GUI you get prompted to remember the password gets annoying and since my master password is 22 characters it's not something I want to type in just to tell the app to not remember the password.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cory123

Thank you very much for your input and for letting us know what you'd like to see in 1Password. I can see how this feature would be helpful for your workflow. I can't tell whether if or when this change would be implemented, so stay around with 1Password to see where everything goes :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.