[Feature request] Enable autofill from "Servers" category

Options
nle
nle
Community Member

Any possibility to add autofill to the "Servers" category?

I'm using SudoLikeaBoss to get access to 1Password in iTerm, but the only negative is that you have to store your SSH passwords as logins, instead of servers, since 1Password don't support auto fill from the "Servers" category.

Is that something you could add/enable?

(Relevant issue @ SudoLikeaBoss github)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nle: Only Login items have logic for login filling, so it seems like it may be better to simply use Login items for login credentials you want to fill rather than Server items. That said, we can certainly consider broadening filling support in e future version. Thanks for letting us know that's a feature you'd like! :)

• nle
    nle
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

@brenty

Thanks for the reply.

Thats the workaround today. But in my case it leads to duplicates, since I find it practical to have all information about a server in the same place in the server category. So if I need to update a PW, I have to do it multiple places.

I guess you could define "logins" not based on categories, but that they have a specific attribute (i.e URL, etc.). Or if you could "cross post" to different categories (like GMails labels) – so you could "label" entries in other categories as "logins" (so that the same entries in "Servers" could also show up in "Logins". If that makes sense?

If you do this (and if you implement support for iTerm like SudoLikeaBoss), I'm guessing you could tap in to another marked with server sysops/server admins. :)

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah I see! I personally use tags to organize information like that, so it's good to hear more about how you and others use 1Password in your workflow. Thanks for the feedback on this! :)

• NovapaX
    NovapaX
    Community Member
    Options

I would love this feature as well.
    I store login and connection information for devices like switches, routers and such in the server category.

It would be nice if I could just designate one or more 'sections' of that entry as an auto-fill section.
    Of course there has to be a url entry in that section to work.

For example, I have a NAS with a 'Server'category-entry in 1P.

It has a section with info about the disks that are in it, the current software version and when it was installed and such.
    It also has a section with login information, I use the standard 'Management console' section for that.
    If I could designate that section as an 'auto-fill' section I can navigate to the login-page of the NAS and have that login auto-filled. I could also use 1password mini to look for that NAS and click it to navigate to it and automatically login.
    (having multiple auto-fill designated sections in a single entry would be even better, just display it like you display identically named items currently)

Extending support to auto launch terminal if the URL starts with ssh:// would be even better :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your feedback about that, @NovapaX! We love to hear about how our customers use 1Password and what kinds of features would be helpful for them. Although I can't make any promises about if/when we'll implement something like that, I can pass your suggestions along to our developers to let them know.

Aside from that, I hope you're enjoying 1Password. Have a great weekend! :)

• Thanks for the request, kiroushi. We'll keep that in mind!

• zuzachi
    zuzachi
    Community Member
    Options

Autofill doesn't work for me with SSH logins. How the OP could get it to work?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@zuzachi: Unfortunately it is only possible for 1Password to integrate with web browsers for filling since they provide extension frameworks for us to do so. But we'd certainly like to be able to use 1Password this way in other apps ourselves, so perhaps someday we'll find a way to do so. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.