Updated in Mac App Store but 1Password still shows old version

tome
tome
Community Member

I updated 1Password in the App Store on my MBP but when I launch 1Password it shows it is one version back and wants to do an update. Why would this be?

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @tome,

If 1Password is telling you about an update then you've got both the App Store and the AgileStore version of 1Password installed. You'll want to figure out which one you're actually using and then get rid of the other copy.

Rudy

• tome
    tome
    Community Member

I only have one version in Applications. Where would the other be?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tome,

If you launch the 1Password app and click on the 1Password menu at the top of the screen, do you see an option there for "Check for Updates"? If not, that's the Mac App Store version. You can confirm that by going to 1Password > About 1Password - the window that opens shows the version number as well as if it's from the AgileBits Store or Mac App Store. When you look at that window, does it still show version 6.3.2?

I only have one version in Applications. Where would the other be?

They should both be in the Applications folder. The Mac App Store will install it there by default, but if you ever downloaded the AgileBits Store version from our site, you might not have moved it to Applications. Which one is currently in the Applications folder? You can tell by the name of the app file:

• 1Password.app - this is the Mac App Store version
    • 1Password 6.app - this is the AgileBits Store version

If the Mac App Store version is in Applications and you think a copy of the AgileBits Store version is located somewhere else, you can try doing a Spotlight search for "1Password". That will probably find other files including the word "1Password" on your Mac, so make sure you look specifically for app files in the search results. Does that help to find it?

This discussion has been closed.