Login Sorting - Have tried every combination I can think of, to no avail

JasonRobie
JasonRobie
Community Member

What's the magic formula to get a login to show up at the top of my list. Of course (murphy's law) the primary login (gmail) that I use nearly every day is JUST down below the cutoff... So I always have to click "view more" and it's always the first one....

I've tried putting "A1" in the front, "1A", "A1A", AA11, etc. etc. etc... any help would be greatly appreciated!!

regarding the screenshot... I'm after that 1A A1 RVT Gmail.... :-)

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:login sorting

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JasonRobie

There are a couple of things that you can do to make sure that the login that you want appears first. The first one is to mark it as a favourite. Just click on the star under the name of the item. If you've tied this and you're still having trouble, check the URL that you've saved for the item. 1Password will show the closest matches first, so saving the login again on the exact login page that you use also helps too! Please let us know if this you try this and if it helps you :chuffed:

• JasonRobie
    JasonRobie
    Community Member

Cool, thanks. Oddly I tried to "cancel" this note, and i thought i had. It didn't appear anywhere on my screens... anywho. I changed the "label" to 1AAaaa RVT Gmail and that seemed to do the trick. :) I tried the "favorite" trick before and that didn't help.
    Thanks for replying!! jr

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JasonRobie

Thank you for getting back to us and letting us know what worked for you! There are many factors in account that influence the order in which items are displayed, so it's not always easy to sort out how to get it to show how you want. If there's anything else that we can help you with or that we can do for you, please let us know :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.