Lost my secondary vault on 1Password 6.6.3 (Mac)

Across
Across
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Mac

Hi, I now understand that I need to adjust the sync preferences in order to get them both to sync. But for now I've lost a lot of important data. I've been using since 1Password 4. Is there a way I can roll back to a few days ago when I had two vaults there upon logging onto 1Password 6? I didn't change any settings/preferences, then yesterday I logged on and my secondary vault was gone.

The only change I've made since is that I have (for now) disabled sync with Dropbox. There are only a couple 1Password files in my Dropbox folder and neither of them go far enough back, which would be at least two days ago. And I'd never heard of a "key," but I can still log onto 1Password.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Across ,

1Password does keep automatic backups. If you open the preferences and click on Backup, you can select a backup from a couple of days ago and click Restore. 1Password will then quit. When you relaunch, enter your Master Password and you will see your items as of that backup file's date.

If you need help with this, or have more questions, feel free to reply.

Regards,
    Kevin

• Across
    Across
    Community Member

I forgot to mention that I already did what you suggested, except there were only two files there. One from today and one from yesterday. And I need to go back to two days ago when I had two vaults.

• Across
    Across
    Community Member
    edited September 2016

I was able to locate this .1p4 file, which was supposedly created three days ago. I found it in a folder called "1Password 4." I have no idea why new files are going into such a folder and given .1p4 extensions, b/c it's not like I've used 1Password 4 in a long time. Any suggestions concerning what I should do with it?

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Across,

What you have found is a 1Password keychain, but it sounds like it may not be the one you are looking for. But be very careful with that 1Password 4 folder you located because that contains your very precious data (and it should contain your backups). The short answer as to why the folder is still called 1Password 4 is because every version of 1Password for Mac since 1Password 4 was built on the same foundation. The reason we haven't changed the name of the folder to match the latest versions is fairly technical, but suffice it to say that it would be more trouble than it is worth right now.

Back to helping you restore your older data, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Best wishes,
    Eva

This discussion has been closed.