Autofill is not working for the 3 field login for library.

bethany
bethany
Community Member
edited September 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

I feel like I've gone and read all the other knowledgebase articles about this and most of them say "save a new login manually & it will all work" but that has not worked for me. I'm sorry, I really did try to fix on my own! No matter what I've tried I cannot get it to autofill all three fields. By default it just saves my barcode and pin.!

removed by AgileBits to protect privacy

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Autofill not working for 3 field login

Comments

• Hello @bethany,

I hope you don't mind, the image you helpfully added to your post was informative but displayed more information than I would feel comfortable displaying if it were me so I've removed the image. I'm quite possibly being too cautious but that can be dialled back if needed, it's much harder to remove something once it is out there.

I did make a note of the URL before removing it though so I've taken a peek at the site in question. The Login item 1Password saved for me looked very similar to the one in your image but it included a couple of small differences. Just enough to make me wonder if your Login item was created inside of a browser or if it was created from inside the main 1Password window.

When you say you saved a new Login manually are you referring to the steps outlined on our page How to save a Login manually in your browser? This is what I was doing to test and while 1Password won't show all three fields when you view the Login item from inside 1Password, it will fill all three fields when requested. For this to happen though the web form details section has to match the page perfectly and I'm seeing a field titled target which yours does not have. It isn't possible to manually add it though as there is a lot of data hidden that we also use and will only be stored when a Login item is saved from inside the browser using the extension. The other small difference is when saved from inside the browser it stored the URL as https://catalog.oaklandlibrary.org/patroninfo which seems to be their login page.

Does any of this make any difference when you try to save and fill on this site? Please do let us know if it doesn't as we'll work with you to figure out why :smile:

• bethany
    bethany
    Community Member

Thank you Little Bobby Tables, for protecting my privacy. I had thought about it before I posted but it's just my library account so I figured it wasn't too big of a danger. But I like that you deleted it none the less.

I loooove your name btw. Great XKCD ref.

As you noticed, frustratingly there are basically two different login pages that accept the exact same info, but the fields are not named the same so I need diff 1pw logins for each. :( https://catalog.oaklandlibrary.org/patroninfo vs. https://catalog.oaklandlibrary.org/iii/cas/login?service=https://encore.oaklandlibrary.org:443/iii/encore/j_acegi_cas_security_check&lang=eng (which I see is basically a front end to encore.) Thank you!!

I renamed them accordingly and hopefully that will keep me always using the right one. So I guess this was a form of user error! Thanks again.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @bethany. Thanks for your gracious reply. I'm glad Lil Bobby's explanation helped. But I definitely don't think you should consider this user error. 1Password should be able to cope with this for you, so from my perspective, this is something we need to improve on.

We have some things in the works to try to help with this, but I don't have too much more to say about that just yet. We will keep you in mind, though, for when it is available and let you know how to give it a try.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• bethany
    bethany
    Community Member

Great Jamie!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention! I'm sure we'll be able to come up with something. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.