I have an Apple 6S+ and MacBook Pro. When touching "sync now" on my phone,

EdRylant
EdRylant
Community Member

I have a 6S+ apple phone and macbook pro. When clicking on 'sync now' on the phone, I get "Computer not found...make sure computer is connected to same wi-fi network, etc." Everything is on same network. 1Pass is signed into on both devices. I notice the icon in Launchpad says 1 Password 6, not 1 Password as I recall it being labeled as. Not sure what to do to get the laptop and phone synched. The phone is updated to latest OS

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.11.6
Sync Type: wlan
Referrer: forum-search:synching

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @EdRylant,

I'm sorry you're having difficulty syncing via WLAN server! We'll be happy to help get things working correctly.

1Pass is signed into on both devices.

Do you mean the 1Password app is open and unlocked on your Mac as well as on your iPhone? In order for the WLAN sync option to work, they must both be open and unlocked. (And if they are, you shouldn't normally have to tap "Sync Now", as sync should happen automatically.)

I notice the icon in Launchpad says 1 Password 6, not 1 Password as I recall it being labeled as.

Are you saying that Launchpad previously showed "1Password", but now it shows "1Password 6" instead? If so, please open the Applications folder on your Mac and check to see if you have more than one 1Password app in there. If you do, that might explain the problem (in other words, the one you open on your Mac might not be the one your iPhone is looking for).

If that doesn't help, you might be able to solve the problem by following the suggestions here: If you're having trouble using the WLAN server

Please let us know how it all goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.