I am trying to sync my macbook pro with my imac but on preferences sync does not show up

annsorice
annsorice
Community Member

I am trying to sync my macbook pro 1 password with my home imac. On the 1 password version on MBook pro -- th sync option does not show up on preferences

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am trying to sync my macbook pro with my imac but on preferences sync does not show up

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@annsorice WLAN sync only works between one Mac and multiple iOS/Android devices. You would need to either sync via iCloud/Dropbox or get a 1Password Account. If you want to keep your files local only, you'd need to use a third-party folder sync app. xHTH

• annsorice
    annsorice
    Community Member

I am trying to sync with icloud not wlan. But again sync option does not come up. I have logged in to 1Password on my MacBook Pro with the same password I used for my iMac. Don't understand why sync option does not come up on MacBook. makes no sense.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @annsorice

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. It sounds like you started using 1Password with an Account. What you need to do to be able to see sync again is go to Preferences > Advanced and then make sure that "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts" is enabled. You'll now be able to see the sync options and follow the instruction here to sync with iCloud!

Please let us know if this works well for you, if you bump into any trouble we're here to help you sort it out :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.