A grey key lock closed appears on my 1Password page

carlos_griell
carlos_griell
Community Member

On my 1 Password 6 for Mac everything ran fine until today. I entered 1Password, I tried to add a license key, but it was not possible. I saw a closed key lock on the screen. If I hit the key lock to open it, the app goes back to the login page

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: osx 10.12 (Sierra)
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:A grey key lock closed appears on my 1Password page, so I am not able to add a license key

Comments

• Hi @carlos_griell - I'm so sorry you are having a problem adding your license. The lock icon you see on the screen is simply a quick way to lock 1Password and doesn't indicate a problem with your license. I don't see a purchase from your email address in our AgileBits Store so I am wondering if you purchased from the Mac App Store or from our AgileBits Store using a different email address? Is there a reason you are now trying to add your license? Has 1Password reported that you are running a trial version?

• carlos_griell
    carlos_griell
    Community Member
    edited September 2016

Thank Laura for the short response time!

Three days ago I had a serious problem with my Time Machine backup, and I needed to restore all the apps and recover my license keys from scratch for all the apps :(.

I had a license key for 1Password, and I updated it to 1Password6, I think that not so long ago. My old version (3.8.22) license key was 1PW3*************. In some moment (probably not long ago, but at this moment I am unable to know when, and the email index must be rebuilt again, so, I cannot find it) I upgraded to 1 Password6. I may have done it either through Apple store, or with one of these three emails: *****************

I assumed that the license key was missing when I saw the key lock closed (and it seems to me that I was running the trial version, but I cannot be sure, too many parallel tasks :)

In any case I entered the license key that you sent to email address and it worked

• Hi @carlos_griell, I'm so glad everything is now resolved. I have edited your reply to protect your email addresses and your license keys. Please let us know if you have any further questions at any time.

• carlos_griell
    carlos_griell
    Community Member

Thanks!

• You are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.