The option to create a backup on iOS is nonexistent.

kd7ryi
kd7ryi
Community Member

I recently lost all my data on my computer, including my 1password data. I have no backup. However, all my 1password data is on my iPhone still. I need to transfer my vault from my iPhone to my Mac.

The problem is, when I go to 1Password on my iPhone, settings, advanced, there is no option to create a backup. All I see are the following options. Import vault, prompt to open websites, language, security, allow custom keyboards, diagnostics, erase all data.

Where is the backup option? How am I supposed to get the data from my iPhone onto my Mac if there is no backup option?

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can't create a backup of my vault on my iphone

Comments

• Hi @kd7ryi,

If you are using a 1Password.com account (which it appears you are) you will not see that option, as local backups of 1Password.com accounts cannot be made. In that case you'd simply sign into your account using the Mac app:

Get started with 1Password

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

73 de N0BDW

ref: B5BO 175957

• kd7ryi
    kd7ryi
    Community Member

When I open the Mac version of 1password, I only get two options. Create your first vault, or sign in for families and teams. How do I sign in to just my personal account to access my passwords?

If I click on sign in for families and teams, one of my required logins is my sign-in address in addition to my email address. I don't have a sign-in address because I only have a personal account.

• Sorry for the confusion, @kd7ryi. Are you using 1Password v6.3.3 for Mac? In the latest version it should just say "Sign in to your 1Password account."

The sign-in address for individuals is my.1password.com. This should appear on your Emergency Kit. You do have your Emergency Kit, right? :) If not please sign in on the website to generate & print one.

Ben

• kd7ryi
    kd7ryi
    Community Member

Oh got it! That worked. Thank you!

• You are most welcome. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.