1Password for Mac disappeared after Sierra update

Options
rcarr359
rcarr359
Community Member

I updated to Mac OS Sierra last week, and the 1Password app (version 6) is no longer present in my Applications directory. The dock icon has also been replaced by a question mark. I noticed this when I tried to use the Chrome extension, and it could not find the application.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: Mac Sierra
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rcarr359

Thank you for writing to us about this issue, it sounds really weird! Can you find 1Password on spotlight? Can you see it on your applications folder and drag it to the bin? If you can, I'd recommend you to do that (your data will be safe) and installing 1Password again, you can download it here: https://agilebits.com/downloads. Even if you can't delete it first, could you please try downloading and installing 1Password and tell us what you discover?

Please let us know how this goes for you and we'll take it from there :chuffed:

• rcarr359
    rcarr359
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Pilar,

1Password was not located with a Spotlight search, but I was able to download and reinstall using the link you provided. Everything appears to be working properly now. Thanks for your help.

Bob

• jdandrea
    jdandrea
    Community Member
    Options

I had the exact same problem. Upgraded to Sierra and the extension was no longer in Safari, nor in the Extensions settings. Trying to reinstall the extension from the Gallery didn't work. Trying to install the extension from AgileBits didn't work. Dragging app to the trash and reinstalling again to see if that helps.

• jdandrea
    jdandrea
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

... and dragging the app to the trash, reinstalling 1Password 6, then trying to install the Safari extension (from the web site or the gallery) did not work. Nor did a reboot. Now what? :(

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rcarr359

Thank you for letting us know that it's working well now for you! And you're very welcome :chuffed: I hope that everything is working well now for you, but if you ever need us again, we're always here for you!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jdandrea

That sounds like a very annoying and weird problem! Can you please tell me exactly how the error looks like? Could you please check if 1Password mini, on your menu bar, is working as it should? Finally, can you please check if the extension works on some other browser, like chrome for example? This will give us some input so we can pin point where exactly the problem is and we can find a solution for you!

We'll be waiting for your answers so we can get this sorted out :chuffed:

• jdandrea
    jdandrea
    Community Member
    Options

Well, it sounds like it's not the first time folks have had this problem. :)

I ended up having to reinstall macOS Sierra before I could get 1Password extensions to work.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jdandrea

You're right, a few people have had some trouble with the Sierra update, however different solutions have done the trick for each of them so it's hard to pin point what's causing the problem :chuffed:

I'm sorry you had to take out the big guns and do a complete reinstall of Sierra, but it's great to hear that it's all sorted out. I hope that it all goes smoothly for you from now on, but if you need help with anything else we're always here for you!

• jwhitmire
    jwhitmire
    Community Member
    Options

I've hit this same issue. It was working fine on Sierra until it recently upgraded to 6.3.3, but with that upgrade it has removed the app from the Applications folder and I can't start it at all. I've downloaded the 6.3.3 install and run it again. It says it completes successfully, but the app is nowhere to be found. I can still get to 1password on my phone, but now I'm having to type all my passwords by hand which is not optimal. Please help.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jwhitmire

I'm sorry to hear about this trouble with 1Password! If you type "1Password" on Spotlight, does anything happen? Can you still see the extension in your browser or 1Password anywhere in your computer? If you can see something, can you please tell us what it is? If you can't, can you please try to install it one more time from our site? If after installing 1Password again you still see the same issues, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report? This will give us some insight on what's going on here :chuffed:

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• jwhitmire
    jwhitmire
    Community Member
    Options

When I type "1Password" in Spotlight, it does not reveal the app anywhere. Somehow the browser addon is still working, but I can't actually bring up the 1Password app. I'll send a diagnostic report momentarily. Thanks for the response.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jwhitmire

Thank you for sending de Diagnostics Report, we'll take a look at it and answer over email. We'll get to the bottom of this soon! :chuffed:

ref: WME-68596-343

This discussion has been closed.