iPad Passcode Lock

Options
RobertoVerde
RobertoVerde
Community Member

Passcode lock does not seem to work well for me with 1Password on my iPad. I would like it to work like my iPhone where I always the ability to by-pass the master password with my finger.

On my iPad, I am almost alway required to type the password using the on screen keyboard. It works fine within some short time-out period, but once outside that window, I can no longer use my finger print and instead have to help. Note - this never happens on my two iPhones and I have all three devices configured the same.

Please advise.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RobertoVerde: I'm sorry for the trouble! Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of 1Password Settings > Security. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

This will include not only the individual settings, but a description of the lock behaviour you should expect (right under where it says "Touch ID"). We'll get to the bottom of this! :)

• RobertoVerde
    RobertoVerde
    Community Member
    Options

I have upload four screenshots total (2 from iPhone - 2 from iPad). As you can see the settings are the same, but the iPhone has the fingerprint graphic under the password area. If I touch it, it prompts for Touch ID. I cannot force this action on the iPad.

Please advise.

R

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RobertoVerde: Thanks for getting back to me! I think I see where the difference lies. Look at that text I mentioned under "Touch ID"! Interesting. Try this: in each, go to 1Password Settings > Advanced > Security. What do you have the Require Master Password option set to? It sounds like on the iPad you've set it to "1 Hour", whereas on the iPhone it may be set to "Never". Let me know what you find! :)

• RobertoVerde
    RobertoVerde
    Community Member
    Options

You are correct. Thx for the help.

I wish they would bundle these settings together instead of spreading them out FYI.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Thanks for the update. We buried the Require Master Password options so they aren't modified accidentally, but that's definitely something we can consider for a future version. Glad you got it sorted out. We're here if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.