Bulk removal of tags

Options
alanper
alanper
Community Member

I upgraded from 1Password 4 to 6 beta today. I followed the guidelines and imported my data from v4 to v6 without a problem. However, now that every entry is imported into v6, I see there is an annoying (unsolicited) tag "imported 2016/09/27 12:00:00" for each entry. How can I remove this unwanted tag from all my entries in one foul swoop (as opposed to editing and removing them one-by-one)?
Also, am I correct in my assumption that v6 does not allow for attachments to be saved to items (like v4 did)?
Thanks,

EDIT: OK, scratch the bulk tag removal question. I see there are a few people asking the same question, and the response has been that it not possible to do so (yet).

1Password Version: 6 Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: 1Password cloud sync

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I see there are a few people asking the same question, and the response has been that it not possible to do so (yet).

That's right @alanper, we still haven't implemented this feature, but it's something we'd like to add in the future.

As a temporary workaround, you can instead add your 1Password 4 vault to 1Password 6 as a folder vault or Dropbox vault, then highlight all the items in your vault, right-click, select "copy item" from the dropdown list, and select the vault you'd like to copy these items to. This will add the items to any vault in your 1Password account without adding a tag.

Also, am I correct in my assumption that v6 does not allow for attachments to be saved to items

Correct, we do not yet support attachments, but this is something we're looking at, and we plan on adding it soon.

• Hi @alanper,

We support attachments for the Document items in the latest 1Password 6 Beta update, but it is limited to 1Password accounts for now. We are working on adding the attachments support for local vaults soon, so you can migrate them to your 1Password account.

• fernfam
    fernfam
    Community Member
    Options

Yikes; I just imported all my LastPass data and have this "imported on..." tag added to the existing tags; if I do what you suggest ALL my good tags are going to be deleted too - not a good thing I'm afraid. Is there a search and replace feature instead?

• Hi @fernam,

if I do what you suggest ALL my good tags are going to be deleted too

I'm not sure what you mean, copying an item from a local vault to another vault does not strip it of its tags. In fact, copying an item from the local vault reuses the same process as the import, the only difference is the import tag.

Is there a search and replace feature instead?

No, there isn't. If you have a Mac, you can delete the tag in the macOS version of 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.