How to open an attachment in 1password ?

Options
happyangmoh
happyangmoh
Community Member

Dear All,
I have the following issue : I attached an excel file into a 1Password item - however when I double click on it, I have the following Excel error message :
There is no way for me to "Extract" or "Save As" option ?
Thanks for your help :)

Additional Information
1Password
Version 6.3.3 (633000)
Mac App Store

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:attachment

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@happyangmoh have you tried dragging the attachment to the Desktop?

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @happyangmoh,

Did Stephen's suggestion help you to open the attachment? I haven't personally run into an Excel error message like that before, but it seems to be related to the location of the Excel file. If you copy the Excel file to the Desktop (by dragging it) and try to open it from there, it should be a shorter file path and will hopefully work. Let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

• happyangmoh
    happyangmoh
    Community Member
    Options

Yes yes - sorry guys I got caught up and couldn't reply earlier - Yes ! it worked. Simple drag and drog anywhere on my Finder and then I could open the file. FYI i found out that if I reduce the filename, I can open it directly from 1Password.
    Original filename (without .xls) was 35 characters length
    New filename (without .xls) is now 13 characters length and can be opened directly by clicking on it.
    Thanks again to the community !!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear that was helpful! Thanks for following up to let us know how it all worked out. Hopefully you're all set now, but if you need more help with 1Password, just let us know - we're here for you. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.