Keyboard shortcut (command backslash on Mac) does not work after Sierra upgrade.

Options
jesschoen
jesschoen
Community Member

Problem is in Title.

1Password Version: 5.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:keyboard shortcut (command backslash on mac) does not work after Sierra upgrade

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jesschoen,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble using the 1Password browser extension after upgrading your Mac to Sierra! We'll help to figure this out one way or another.

I see that you're using 1Password version 5.4.3 on your Mac, but the latest version is currently 6.3.3. 1Password 6 is a free upgrade if you purchased 1Password 4 or 5 for Mac, so you should go ahead and install that. If you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for Mac, open the main 1Password app and go to the menu for 1Password > Check for Updates. If you're using the Mac App Store version, open the Mac App Store and check the Updates section.

Next, please check the version of the 1Password extension in your browser. If the 1Password extension is not installed, that explains why the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut doesn't work - in that case, you can install it from here: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

If it's already installed, make sure it's version 4.5.8 or 4.5.9.

If you have the 1Password extension installed, the keyboard shortcut should work. But if it doesn't, are you able to click the 1Password extension icon in the browser's toolbar? Does it work when you do that?

Let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

• jesschoen
    jesschoen
    Community Member
    Options

Drew,

I updated the software as you suggested but it still didn't work although the extension in the toolbar did. Then, by chance, I discovered that a different key combination worked (on my wireless Logitech keyboard it's the option key backward slash rather than the command key backward slash). I don't know why that is, but I can live with this new arrangement. Thanks for your help.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jesschoen

I wonder if you have a different keyboard setting other than the standard one. If you're using the standard English one, then I'm baffled at what might caused the difference. Anyway, I'm glad that you found a workaround, on behalf of Drew you're very welcome! If you need help with anything else, we're always here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.