Is there a way to show passwords in Password Generator's "History for [website]" section?

Options
jtrin
jtrin
Community Member

I recently updated my password on an account. However, 1Password did not recognize the change, which meant that this password was not saved. The new password is saved under the "History for [website]" section. However, I cannot find a way to update the login information in 1Password. So now, every time I visit this particular site, I have to go into Password Generator -> History to log in. Not fun. Any ideas?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jtrin,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! I'm sorry you're having trouble updating your Login item with the new generated password. But I can definitely help! :)

Items that appear in the "History for [website]" section can be found in the Passwords category in 1Password (just open the main 1Password app and select Passwords in the left sidebar). If you see more than one Password item in there, find the new one for that website. Now you can simply copy & paste the new password from there into your existing Login item for that site. (Once you've updated your Login item, feel free to delete the Password item, as you should no longer need it.)

Hopefully this helps, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.