Help restore data after Sierra upgrade

Options
yegard
yegard
Community Member

Hi everyone!
I can’t find any backup of 1Password on my time machine,nothing in "application support" and i have not the "container" folder in my time machine backup.
I simply upgrade to OS X Sierra, reinstall 1password, sign in and nothing happen. I have lost all my data.
I have found an older backup made by me manually, but 1pass "Can't open keychain”, i can't find any "backup" button on onepassword6.
Please can you help me?
Thank you very much.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Sierra
Sync Type: manual backup

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @yegard

I'm very sorry to hear that you've lost some data, I hope we'll be able to find it and get you up and running again soon! First of all, have you gone to Preferences in 1Password and can't see the "Backup" option? If this is the case, then you need to go to Preferences > Advanced and then enable "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts". You should be able to see to "Backup" now.

Once you can see this, can you see a long list of backups? If you can, could you please try picking one of them and then clicking on "Restore"?

Please let us know how this first ideas go for you and if you're able to get your data back. If you still can't find it, please tell us what you see so we can go forward and try some other things :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.