Can i delete the file in Dropbox called .ws.agile.1Password.settings.

Options
julianporter5
julianporter5
Community Member

I have the file called called .ws.agile.1Password.settings in the root of my dropbox. I think this is some legacy item as Ive been using various iterations of this product. Can I delete it? Does the folder called 1Password.agilekeychain have everything required?

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox contents

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @julianporter5,

Good questions, thanks for writing in to ask!

I have the file called called .ws.agile.1Password.settings in the root of my dropbox. I think this is some legacy item as Ive been using various iterations of this product. Can I delete it?

Short answer: Unless you're still using a very old version of 1Password, feel free to delete the .ws.agile.1Password.settings file from Dropbox.

Slightly longer answer: The .ws.agile.1Password.settings file was used by some older versions of 1Password in order to find the location of your sync file in Dropbox. It's not used by the latest versions, although it might still be created there for backwards compatibility. If you're only using newer versions of 1Password, you can delete that file if you want to - you don't need it.

Does the folder called 1Password.agilekeychain have everything required?

Yes, that contains all the information needed to sync your vault between different devices via Dropbox.

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you have more. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.