Updates cause all all old data to appear- new data GONE! HELP

Options
Lisa Jaeger Tilley
Lisa Jaeger Tilley
Community Member

For the last year or so, whenever I do an update the newly launched 1Password grabs really old data and all my new data is gone. Tired of trying to fix this.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.11.2
Sync Type: dropbox or iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:not syncing over various apple devices and using old data on some need help

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lisa Jaeger Tilley,

I'm sorry you keep running into such an odd problem with 1Password on your Mac! That must be extremely frustrating, but we'll do our best to figure this out one way or another.

For the last year or so, whenever I do an update...

Is that an update to the 1Password app, an update to your Mac's operating system, or some other update? Part of the reason I ask is because you said you're using 1Password 6.3.2 on Mac OS X 10.11.2 (El Capitan). Those are both slightly older versions - 1Password 6.3.3 and macOS 10.12 (Sierra) were both released last week, so it sounds like you haven't updated 1Password or the operating system recently.

If the problem happens when you install an update for 1Password, what are the exact steps you take to install those updates? Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password? When was the last time this problem occurred?

...the newly launched 1Password grabs really old data and all my new data is gone.

Are you seeing the old data in the main 1Password app, the 1Password browser extension, or both?

The first time you launch the main 1Password app after an update, does it act as if it's the first time you've ever opened it and take you through a setup process? Or does it simply ask for your master password?

When this problem happens, what do you need to do to get your new data back again? Do you have your latest data in 1Password right now, or just the old data?

Also, if you open the Applications folder on your Mac, do you happen to have more than one 1Password app in there?

Once we hear back from you with the answers to those questions, we should have a better idea of how to proceed. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.