I have a a one-time license for 1Password and I would like my wife to use it. How to proceed?

jeando1pass
jeando1pass
Community Member

Hi, I have a one-time license for 1Password 6 and I would like my wife to use 1Password. What is the best way to proceed? What I mean is do I need to pay again and buy a family account? Thanks, Jeando

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jeando1pass,

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

We've received a lot of feedback over the last few years from families trying to use 1Password. Part of that feedback was that syncing and sharing data was not as easy as would be desirable, and that bringing additional family members on board required a fair bit of effort.

Through that feedback we've developed and released our new 1Password Families service. This service makes all of the above processes much easier and more seamless. Having access to all of your data on all of your devices is as easy as signing into your account. Family members who you want to join your 1Password family receive an email invite with instructions on getting started. Sharing data with them is much easier, and there is no longer any need to set up manual syncing through a 3rd party service in order to do so.

You can read more about 1Password Families here:

https://1password.com/families/

This would certainly be the recommended way to proceed. In addition to all of the benefits I mentioned above it also includes access to all of our apps for all of your family members for the life of your account. There are no separate upgrade fees or separate fees to use 1Password on various platforms, as there are with the standalone licenses.

If you decide to sign up for 1Password Families you can learn about migrating your existing 1Password data here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I do see that you currently have a 1Password 3 for Mac Family license. If you'd prefer to use the license, and set up syncing and sharing manually, each person would need a 1Password 6 license. We no longer sell family licenses. You can purchase the v6 licenses here:
    https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade
    When you put in your 1Password 3 license key you'll be offered the ability to purchase a 1Password 6 Single license at a reduced rate. You'd need to make two of these purchases to cover each yourself and your wife.

As 1Password Families would be less expensive and more convenient that would be my recommendation.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

ref: License 628617

This discussion has been closed.