Feature: Keyboard shortcuts/support/activity detection

virion
virion
Community Member

Not a bug or anything! (ed: actually…) I'm a huge user of 1Password and finally made the jump to a bluetooth keyboard with my iPad a while back and realized there's a few opportunities for better integration in the app.

The main opportunity is on PIN entry; the master password detects focus fine, but PIN entry doesn't, unlike the PIN set screen (and iOS' lock screen.) I sorta want to have a longer PIN too, but that's a different topic…

The rest of the app is fine, though I feel like there's some functionality I haven't surfaced yet. If there's any shortcuts, could those be added to the long-press Command key sheet that iOS implemented for apps?

Fake edit: I did just encounter a weird bug; I'm typing this in 1Password's browser and it auto-locked after 2 minutes since the keyboard isn't registering as 'activity' in the app.

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 10.0.2
Sync Type: ICloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@virion: First of all, thanks for taking the time to post this! You must really love that keyboard! :chuffed:

We have some passionate iPad keyboard jockeys here, and I know there are other 1Password users out there who fall into that camp as well. I'm sorry that this use is underrepresented still, but with Apple paying more attention to this lately (both in hardware and software), it's something we're exploring more as well — especially with better support at the OS level. I've added your feedback to our internal tracker so we can keep this in mind as we develop future versions.

I also wanted to address the lock issue specifically. As far as I'm aware, keyboard input doesn't trigger events that 1Password monitors to determine activity, but I'll bring this up with the team to see if there's something we can do about this. That's got to be pretty frustrating. Thanks again for bringing this up! :)

ref: OPI-1356, OPI-2774, OPI-1248, OPI-2496

This discussion has been closed.