Syncing data from iphone & ipad to MAC

syl
syl
Community Member
  1. Instructions assume I have the data on the MAC. All data was put in on iphone. Unable to transfer data from phone or ipad to MAC. (10.10.5) Should be able to sync to MAC without having to re-enter information. Signed up for account in August. Individual account 1 PW 6 Agile bits. Read suggested articles. 2. Sync type on phone, ipad, is icloud. (There are 176 items on iphone and only 172 on ipad) Why is that? Tried to match items and and it appeared that the same items are in each device.)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1PW works on iphone and ipad. Want to add data to MAC. Have an account. Read articles.

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @syl

I'm sorry to hear that the migration process has been complicated for you, but don't worry! We'll sort all this out in no time :chuffed:

If I understand correctly, you'd been using 1Password only on your iOS devices for a while and now you have a 1Password Account. Is this correct? If this is the case, the very first step is to add your account in your iOS devices. Once you've added your account you have 2 options. The easiest is to first set up iCloud sync manually and migrate your items from your Mac. If you can't see the Sync option just go to Preferences > Advanced and then enable "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts". Your second option is to move the items one by one from your Primary vault into your Account, however with almost 200 items this sounds pretty annoying! In any case, you can find the instructions to move your items on the link above :chuffed:

About your second question, if you can see all of your items on both your devices don't worry right now about the item count, we've found a bug on item count and we're working to fix it :chuffed:

Please let us know how this goes for you, if you bump into any trouble or need any further help we're here for you!

• syl
    syl
    Community Member

Hi Pilar,

I am still having trouble getting the data from my iphone to my lap top.

I set up an account on the iphone. When I go to settings in the 1 PW account, my email address is listed as an account. Also I received two messages from agile bits that there was a new sign in from me on iphone and safari. Also when setting up the account I opened/titled a new vault because I did not know what I was doing. That new vault is on both the iphone and laptop.

I went to preferences and tried to sync the data from icloud after unchecking the wlan box. That did not work.

One of your articles talked about highlighting the items I want to move--copy to vault. Not sure how to activate that or if that is on phone or lap top. Can't be on laptop, since nothing is in any of the vaults.

I set up the account separately on my ipad. The number of items in the vaults are the same on each device now.

Thanks,

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @syl

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having some trouble with 1Password and migrating your data. Right now I'd like to ask you to please send us a Diagnostics Report from the device where you have all your data as well as your Mac. I'm not completely sure what you've stored where and this will help us give you the detailed information :chuffed:

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• syl
    syl
    Community Member

For your reference, your support ID is [#YKY-98643-547]. Please include this ID in the subject of any followup emails so we'll know they're from you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@syl: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: YKY-98643-547

This discussion has been closed.