I need to change my master password (Mac)

samwise57
samwise57
Community Member

I need to change my master password. I use OS X Yosemite. According to Agilebits I need to open 1Password and click on my name in top right of the screen but my name isn't appearing anywhere. There is also no Preferences. I've been hacked and it's very important to change all my passwords and the master for 1Password as well. Please help.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @samwise57

I'm sorry to hear that you've been hacked! I wonder which version of 1Password you're using exactly, if you go to the 1Password menu and then click on "About 1Password" you'll find out and we'll be able to give you a more accurate answer.

Meanwhile, can you please try going to Preferences in the 1Password menu then to Security and click on "Change Master Password"? The other instructions you mention are for accounts and it sounds like you're using the local vaults version of 1Password :chuffed:

If something's different for you and you still can't change you Master Password please let us know which 1Password version you have installed and we'll get you the instructions for that version. Please let us know how all this goes for you :chuffed:

• samwise57
    samwise57
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I've been able to change my master password using my iPhone. There was a setting which i don't have on my iMac. Weird.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @samwise57

I've merged your reply so everything's in the right place :chuffed: I'm glad to hear that you were able to change your Master Password, if there's anything else that we can do to help you, please let us know. We're always here for you!

This discussion has been closed.