I have a LAN and want to use it instead of the cloud. no wireless. Can I set up with Families?

Options
scottpoole
scottpoole
Community Member

My family has 2 primary computers and my wife needs 1Password. I'd like to use my data to help set her up. We have no wireless but use a LAN and a server. Can I do this with Families or does she need a stand-alone licence on her machine?

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have a LAN and want to use it instead of the cloud. no wireless. Can I set up with Families?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @scottpoole,

Thank you for reaching out and your interest in 1Password Families! :)

When you are signed up for 1Password Families account, your encrypted vaults are stored on our servers. There is no way to host it locally at the moment.

If you are concerned about safety of your data, I totally understand you. The security and safety of our customers' data is a top priority for us and we take it very seriously. In addition to the Master Password, which only you know, your vaults in 1Password Families are encrypted with an Account Key. Combined with your Master Password, your Account Key works similarly to two-factor authentication (2FA) but is much more powerful. You can read more about it here.

If you still want to proceed with a local sync, you have to purchase a second standalone license and set up a local sync. Sync to a folder looks suitable for your situation:

Sync to a folder

I hope it helps. If you have other questions regarding 1Password Families or syncing options, please feel free to raise them. We are here to help.

Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.