Why I can't sync 1Password through Windows to Android?

Options
Diego1821
Diego1821
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Android

Hi guys, a couple of hours ago, i just wanna sync my new data from 1Password App (Windows) to my Android, but, this is not working. When i go to (android) Settings > Sync > WLAN .. this is just trying to look for my network, but this not appears and I really don't know why .. (PS: I already go to the Wifi-Sync on Windows App).

I saw in others topics that some users have problems like this, so, i re-install the apps (Windows - Android), and I do the: forget the wifi network and re-connect but this still not working. I really need your help guys! :(

Android 1Password Version: 6.4.1

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: WLAN Sync

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Diego1821: Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble! While 1Password doesn't know or care about the network itself, establishing the connection between devices does depend heavily on your network configuration. If they cannot "see" each other and communicate, it won't be possible to sync using the WLAN Server.

However, so far so good! It sounds like you're doing everything right, but something is just blocking the connection. This guide will walk you through checking your settings to help narrow down the problem:

WLAN Server troubleshooting

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• Diego1821
    Diego1821
    Community Member
    Options

Oh god, @brenty , thank your for your support, since yesterday I don't saw anything from my Android (my pc on WLAN Server) i don't follow the guide anymore (I being angry haha)

So, let me tell you what i done..

First: I done the things i told you before.
    Second: I make a Factory Reset on my android (i don't know if this was necessary but i don't wanna have more problems in the future).
    Third: I follow the guide again because, my pc still don't showing with WLAN Server from Android.. So.. after configuring some firewalls that has been block 1Password, this is working fine again! :chuffed:

Thank you again! :blush:
    Cheers! 8-)

• peri
    Options

Sorry for the trouble you had getting your devices synced, @Diego1821, but I'm glad Brenty was able to help you get it sorted out!

Let us know if you need anything else in the future. Thanks!

• Diego1821
    Diego1821
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @peri , thanks for your answer, and yeah, i need help again. I'm trying (againnnn) to sync my 1Password (android) to my Windows 1Password, but, in my cel when i go to settings > sync do not appears the computer name like the guide says, So... i need help, idk what to do.

• peri
    Options

Hey @Diego1821. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble syncing again. To be clear, you can't trigger sync from the Settings > Sync screen on Android. 1Password 6 for Android doesn't support automatic sync with a WLAN server, so you need to manually trigger sync before it can occur. Please launch 1Password on your computer and open up the WLAN server window. Then launch 1Password on Android and, from the Categories list or from any category screen, either swipe down from the top of the screen to refresh the page, or tap the three dots in the upper right hand corner and tap Sync. This will trigger sync on your device.

Once you've done that, 1Password should begin searching the Wi-Fi network for your computer. Can you please follow those steps and let me know how it goes? If you have a sync error or any further trouble, let us know if you're using a proxy or VPN. Thanks!

• Diego1821
    Diego1821
    Community Member
    Options

Oh my.. what! hahaha, everything is fine now, thank you for your explanation! @peri :)

Love u guys, 1Password rocks! :+1:

Cheers! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update, and the kind words. On behalf of Peri, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.