cannot login on iPhone with new password

MrLucky
MrLucky
Community Member

I have changed my master password on my Mac. I sync to 1password app on iphone via iCloud and although the sync tab on my 1password on my mac says synced an hour ago, only the old password works on my iPhone 1pasword app.

Can anyne help please

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@MrLucky when you change your master password on your Mac you still need to open 1Password on your phone initially using your old master password in order to allow your master password change to sync to your phone. Once you've done that you should find that you can use your new master password to open 1Password on your phone.

Stephen

• MrLucky
    MrLucky
    Community Member

I have opened it on the iPhone with the old password several times, and I still have to keep using the old password, it just won't work with the new password after several days. I did think it might take a while to sync but it has been about 5 days now and I still have to use the old password.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@MrLucky in that case please tell us:

Stephen

• MrLucky
    MrLucky
    Community Member

It is 1 password version 6.3.3

OS X 10.11.6

1Password ios 6.4.3

ios 10.0.2

synced on icloud

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @MrLucky!

The latest version of 1Password for iOS is currently 6.4.5, so I'd like you to install that to see if it makes any difference. Just open the App Store on your iPhone and go to the Updates section, then look for 1Password in the list of updates. Tap the Update button next to it, then wait for the download to complete.

Once 6.4.5 is installed, try again to unlock 1Password with the new master password. If it doesn't work, unlock with the old master password one more time, lock 1Password, then try again with the new one. Does that make any difference?

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.