I just purchased 1word on my Mac can I add it to my MacBook pro and my iPhone without paying again

dkathyt
dkathyt
Community Member

I just purchased 1word on my Mac can I add it to my MacBook pro and my iPhone without paying again I have the say apple account on all three devices

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I just purchased 1word on my Mac can I add it to my MacBook pro and my iPhone without paying again

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

You can certainly add 1PW on your MacBook Pro without paying again.

If you bought from the Mac App Store, the purchase is tied to your Apple ID, and you just need to download it again. If you bought from AgileBits there is a licence, but your new copy of 1PW will run in trial mode and once you have set up syncing I believe the licence will just copy itself over.

1PW for iOS is free, but with an in-app purchase for extra features if you want them. This purchase is separate from your purchase for the Mac.

You should take a look at https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/whats-the-difference-between-a-1password-subscription-and-a-standalone-license#latest . This provides details of the new subscription model. The individual subscription might suit you better than the one-time purchase, and if you bought from AgileBits you can get a refund on the purchase.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dkathyt,

Danco's answer is spot-on! Hopefully that was helpful for you, but if you have more questions about that or need help with 1Password, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.