Data is syncing from dropbox with the exception of the passwords

loop
loop
Community Member

I'm syncing via dropbox. I've set all things up correctly, or so I thought, but when I get on my desktop to sync from dropbox all the data is there in my 'favorites' with the exception of passwords. Am I missing a step somewhere to let it know that i also want to sync passwords from dropbox?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:passwords not syncing

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @loop,

Thank you for reaching out! I've moved this thread to Mac section, because if you are syncing your 1Password data via Dropbox, you are not using 1Password account. I hope you don't mind. :)

Could you please elaborate:

• What devices are you using 1Password on?
    • What version of 1Password you have installed on each of your device?

Once we know this info, it will be easier to find out what happened. Also, if you haven't done so already, please check our Dropbox guide:

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

I hope it helps. I am sure together we will get to the bottom of this and solve this puzzle. :+1:

Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• loop
    loop
    Community Member

HI Greg,

I was using it on my Mac laptop which has version 6.3.3. As for my iphone i'm thinking it's Version 6.4.5 as it's telling me something about rating being reset in the app store with every new version?
    Thank you for the help.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @loop! So, just to be sure I understand, when you open the main 1Password app on your Mac and select 'Favorites' from the sidebar, it shows all the items that should be there except for Password items that you've marked as Favorites. Is that correct?

If so, does that mean those Password items are listed in the Favorites section in 1Password on your iPhone? Is your iPhone where you marked them as Favorites? Do you see those Password items in 1Password on your Mac if you select 'Passwords' in the left sidebar?

Try creating a new Password item in 1Password on your Mac, save it, then click on the star button to mark it as a Favorite. Does that new item sync to your iPhone, and is it listed in the Favorites section there?

• loop
    loop
    Community Member

Thank you for this and seems all is good now. thanks guys

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @loop,

Thank you for keeping us posted! On behalf of Drew you are welcome! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. :+1:

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.