Unable to open non-primary vaults in 6.3.3 on macOS with standalone license

CoKerry
CoKerry
Community Member

I decided to perform a totally clean install of macOS when I upgraded from El Capitan. Prior to this I had a standalone "family" license for up to 5 users purchased prior to Teams and Family coming out. I have been happy with this so have not felt the need to change my licensing scheme.

I have multiple vaults synced across Dropbox for the family members and for my work passwords. Upon reinstalling 1password on my reinstalled iMac (now with macOS) and reentering my license information I found that I can only appear to set up my primary vault. So far I have not been able to restore my connection and sync to my non-primary vaults which are in Dropbox.

This did not appear to affect the 1Password on my MacBook Pro which was upgraded to macOS and was not reinstalled. This only affects the iMac that had the completely clean install. How do I open my other vaults in the current version of 1Password for Mac?

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot open non-primary vaults

Comments

• CoKerry
    CoKerry
    Community Member

For me I performed a clean install of macOS Sierra and of 1Password 6.3.3 but for me my multiple vaults (on a standard license pre-Families) are not working. I have a separate thread on this for which I have received no reply yet.

• CoKerry
    CoKerry
    Community Member

Is anyone from AgileBits looking at this? You claim to other support through the forums before email but so far I find the lack of response disheartening. Having a simple "we're looking at it" comment would atleast let me know you are not ignoring me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016

@CoKerry: Sorry for the delay! No one is ignoring you. We reply to every message, and try to do so in the order in which they are received since that seems fair. If you look at the list of topics, you'll see that we are very active here, but we are only human and it does take time to read and reply to every message. I hope you don't mind, but I've merged your stray post here as well so we're not trying to carry on the same conversation in multiple places. That certainly won't speed things up. ;)

Good news! If you already have your vaults in Dropbox sync'd to your Mac, this should be pretty straightforward. Open Finder, find your vaults, and then — in the order you want them to show up in 1Password — double click to add them to the app. You'll be asked for the Master Password for each when you add them, and just repeat this for each one until you have added them all. 1Password will also see that these are in your Dropbox folder, and this will be reflected in your sync settings within the app. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• CoKerry
    CoKerry
    Community Member

@brenty Thank you that worked!

It's odd though that there is no way to actually add an existing vault through the app. It leads to some confusion.....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CoKerry: You're totally welcome! And that's an interesting point! Honestly, it doesn't really come up. You can create a new (empty) vault in 1Password and then select an existing vault in Dropbox when you setup sync...but I agree that isn't exactly intuitive. We'll see if we can make this easier in the future. Thanks so much for the feedback! :)

• tcgerhard
    tcgerhard
    Community Member

Wow. I can't tell you how much time I wasted looking for the UI to add the second vault from Dropbox. I agree with CoKerry that it's odd to have to use the Finder to do so.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry that tripped you up. To be clear, you don't have to use Finder to add a new vault from Dropbox. I just find that it's easiest that way when I'm digging around in Dropbox anyway! You can always create a new vault from the 1Password menu and then setup Dropbox sync in Preferences > Sync like any other vault. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.