capital and lower case l look alike.

glwilson08
glwilson08
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Mac

When 1Password generates the password, it makes the capital i look like a serif type I, even a different color to prevent confusion.
I keep a secure note that has some passwords I keep together ... and I just wasted a lot of time trouble shooting a problem because of this confusion when I type in a password that contains capital "i". I have found no way to copy from my login into the text and keep that special capital "i", and misread it as a lower case ell. So I wanted to know if there is a way to duplicate a password having this problem.
Thanks for any ideas, I could find no way to change the font.
:)

1Password Version: 6.3.3 Account and local vaults
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:copy and paste password in 1Password

Comments

• glwilson08
    glwilson08
    Community Member

Sorry about the omissions on versions ... 1PW is 6.3.3, Mac OS is 10.11.6, and found no way to change font.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@glwilson08: Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble! Indeed, 1Password doesn't have "rich text" features that would allow you to choose a different display font for Secure Notes (or other items), but it's something we may be able to add in the future. In the mean time, while notes use the system font for readability, you can still copy and paste text to make sure you're getting it exactly right. And if you're storing password-like information, you can always create a custom field and set the type to "password" to use the special display for that data type to make it easier to discern similar characters. I hope this helps! :)

• glwilson08
    glwilson08
    Community Member

Thank you! I had been copying them to set them up, my error occurred when I misread the note version and just typed it out on the login page. I'm making sure I have all logins defined, even for seldom used, but the copy is a good idea I'll remember too.
    Gloria

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.