Several questions

Options
rctneil
rctneil
Community Member

Hey all,

I've just transferred all my items and all five of my vaults to my family account. The transfer went fine but have a few remaining questions:

1. I've managed to delete four of the old local (used to be DB synced vaults) from the macOS and iOS clients but can;t seem to remove the remaining "Primary" vault from any of the local clients? Is there a way?

2. Is there a way to force download all the document files on the iOS app? I used to use 1Password as a way to ensure I have local access to documents whilst travelling and without an internet connection so having to manually download each now is annoying. I would like an option where I can force the download of all documents so they are always available. I understand they are going to take up space but surely if that's ok with me and I am aware of that then an option would be ok?

3. Can I have a view of my items on MacOS and iOS of my items minus documents? I would just like a view where documents are hidden so the list view is similar to how it used to be.

Kind regards,
Neil

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rctneil! Glad to hear you got things moved over to your family account. :) I'd be happy to answer your questions about it.

I've managed to delete four of the old local (used to be DB synced vaults) from the macOS and iOS clients but can;t seem to remove the remaining "Primary" vault from any of the local clients? Is there a way?

Yep! We have them written in the delete your old vault section of our migration guide.

Is there a way to force download all the document files on the iOS app? I used to use 1Password as a way to ensure I have local access to documents whilst travelling and without an internet connection so having to manually download each now is annoying. I would like an option where I can force the download of all documents so they are always available. I understand they are going to take up space but surely if that's ok with me and I am aware of that then an option would be ok?

At the moment you'll need to download each Document manually. We've had a few requests for a "download all" option and it's something we're considering for the future. :)

Can I have a view of my items on MacOS and iOS of my items minus documents? I would just like a view where documents are hidden so the list view is similar to how it used to be.

That's an interesting question. Documents are their own category, so if you have mostly Login items, you can view that one to exclude Documents. Otherwise, it's not possible to exclude them from the All Items view. It sounds like you're looking for the old attachments behavior, and we've had a few other requests for that as well. I'll let the team know you asked about it.

Hope that helps!

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

At the moment you'll need to download each Document manually. We've had a few requests for a "download all" option and it's something we're considering for the future. :)

This is super important to me as I travel a lot and when I add a document to my account I want to be able to know that it's already available locally/offline ASAP and not getting stuck in a tricky situation when I need the document but cannot open it due to bad network conditions. A toggle in settings that will automatically download all documents ASAP would be perfect! Please escalate this as there was nothing stated before changing to Families that said that documents were not saved offline on devices? This should be available on ALL clients not just mobile.

That's an interesting question. Documents are their own category, so if you have mostly Login items, you can view that one to exclude Documents. Otherwise, it's not possible to exclude them from the All Items view. It sounds like you're looking for the old attachments behavior, and we've had a few other requests for that as well. I'll let the team know you asked about it.

It;s not that I am wanting attachments back as I do like the new Document items but would like a new view of EVERYTHING minus Documents. My vaults are a mix of all types so a new filter of all minus docs would be perfect!

The download all documents is a massive issue which I hope can be resolved very very soon considering that functionality would be lost. when changing.

• I can definitely understand that. I change cities weekly, so I'm in similar shoes to you. :lol: I'm curious, though: What are you storing as Documents that you would need to access immediately when you are traveling? Things that couldn't wait for internet access.

It;s not that I am wanting attachments back as I do like the new Document items but would like a new view of EVERYTHING minus Documents. My vaults are a mix of all types so a new filter of all minus docs would be perfect!

Good to know. One way to do this would be to put all your Documents in a vault of their own, then hide that vault from All Vaults. Documents can't be linked to items in different vaults though, so this may not work in all cases.

I'm sorry it wasn't more clear that Documents aren't saved offline by default. We'll look into doing that better in the future. Thanks again fr the feedback!

ref: OPI-3725

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

I store the PDF versions of boarding passes etc and especially if i'm travelling and have no data then it's important that I am able to access them.

• Ah good to know. I personally put boarding passes in the Wallet app, but there are some times it isn't possible to do that and I just use Mail. 1Password is a nice thing for it too. :)

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

Yeh, I use Wallet for things that support it but for example, last year I visited Borneo for my cousin's wedding and from Borneo I flew to Singapore and flew AirAsia, no Wallet support there. As I had checked in beforehand, I had the PDF, I instantly added it as an attachment to an item in my 1PW vault and knew it would be there offline, ready for when I needed it. At the airport in Borneo there was no wifi and the data packages were far too expensive for the very useless mobile network they had and so offline was what I was counting on. Once again, this is super important.

Is there some sort of workaround that I can do for now though to ensure ALL my documents are downloaded? (On all clients, MacOS AND iOS). I have 65 documents in my Personal vault at the moment and more in other vaults. I would revert to local vaults but after spending all this time transferring and then having to relink attachments it's a lot of work.

I need some sort of a solution as AgileBits have sort of left me in the lurch a bit as previously mentioned nothing was stated about this ahead of time.

Neil

• At the moment the only way to download them is individually, so you could go through your Documents category and tap View Document on each one to download it, then you'd be all set. You can quickly do this and move back to the list, then start another item since it happens in the background and the item doesn't have to be open. Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.