What is "Conflicts" that appears in an entry?

ScarySulley
ScarySulley
Community Member

I updated a password and now there is a field called Conflicts. Just below it, it says Create 0. I'm not sure if this was there before I updated the entry. What does this refer to?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ScarySulley

Thank you for taking some time to write to us! "Conflicts" are created when a file has been updated at identical time and date from two different sources (for example your iOS and Mac) and what you're using to sync just can't tell which one is the right data. In other words, is one more way we have to protect you from data loss: if there's any doubt of which is the right set of data 1Password will keep both and let you decide!

If you have any other questions about this please let us know and we'll be glad to help you :chuffed:

• ScarySulley
    ScarySulley
    Community Member

Hi @Pilar,

Thank you for your response!

I'm not sure how I could have gotten a conflict as I was only using one device at the time. But since it says "Create 0" below "Conflicts", I guess that means I have no conflicts? So if I did have a conflict it would list a number? But then would that give me duplicate (or more) entries? So each "version/conflict" would have an entry so no date would be lost? I only have the same entry as I did before...?

Am I understanding this properly? :)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ScarySulley

Even if you only use one device at a time, syncing could kick in at the same time. There are some other situations where conflicts could end up happening, I have one where I changed a password twice in a whacky internet connection so when it worked again 1Password thought it was better to just keep both and let me see which one was right. It looks like this for me:

I'm not revealing my password, but you can see that one is longer than the other so they are for sure different. If you don't see what the conflict is for (password, username, etc) it means that there's nothing to worry about. In general conflicts are rarely an issue just an "extra precaution" on our side :chuffed:

Please let us know if you have any further questions :chuffed:

• ScarySulley
    ScarySulley
    Community Member

Thank you for your response, @Pilar!

Your screenshot helps me understand this more now. So duplicate passwords (or whatever the conflict is) will appear in the same entry under "Conflicts". Then you just fix it as necessary.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Pilar, you're most welcome! I'm glad her screenshot & information were helpful.

In your case, I don't know what the "Create 0" conflict is actually referring to, but it might be a detail about the sign-in web form on that site. In the main 1Password app, click the 'show web form details' button near the bottom of that item's details. That's where 1Password saves information that helps it fill that specific sign-in form, so you'll see your username and password there, and possibly other fields. Do you see anything that says "Create 0" or something similar?

• ScarySulley
    ScarySulley
    Community Member

In the main 1Password app, click the 'show web form details' button near the bottom of that item's details. That's where 1Password saves information that helps it fill that specific sign-in form, so you'll see your username and password there, and possibly other fields. Do you see anything that says "Create 0" or something similar?

Besides the username and password I see two "create" fields each with it's own radio button. The first says "ap_signin_create_radio", the second says "ap_signin_existing_radio". The first one "ap_signin_create_radio" is selected.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ScarySulley

If the 0 is part of the "answer" (the equivalent to what is grayed out on my screenshot) then I think it has to do with 0 being off and 1 being on or something similar. Maybe the conflict was generated after the site had a minor change where the same field got renamed and therefore confused 1Password (this is speculation on my part, it's hard to know for sure). :chuffed:

• ScarySulley
    ScarySulley
    Community Member

Hi @Pilar,

If the 0 is part of the "answer" (the equivalent to what is grayed out on my screenshot) then I think it has to do with 0 being off and 1 being on or something similar.

Yes the 0 is part of the "answer." In reference to your screenshot, "password" is where it says "create" for me. And where you're pixelated password is, is where it says "0" for me.

I assume this field, in this particular situation, is safe to delete then?

Thanks! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ScarySulley,

It sounds like those "create" fields in the web form details are for options on the web form (i.e. to sign in with an existing account or create a new account on that site). Assuming that Login item still fills the sign-in form correctly on that site, it's best to leave those web form details alone. But I think you're absolutely right - it's safe to delete the "Create 0" field in the Conflicts section.

As always, we're here for you if you have more questions or need more help with 1Password! :)

• ScarySulley
    ScarySulley
    Community Member

It sounds like those "create" fields in the web form details are for options on the web form (i.e. to sign in with an existing account or create a new account on that site). Assuming that Login item still fills the sign-in form correctly on that site, it's best to leave those web form details alone. But I think you're absolutely right - it's safe to delete the "Create 0" field in the Conflicts section.

As always, we're here for you if you have more questions or need more help with 1Password! :)

Ok, thank you for the further input. I could redo the entry of that particular one from fresh right? That would "fix" any "issues" right? Not that there are any issues though...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ScarySulley,

I could redo the entry of that particular one from fresh right? That would "fix" any "issues" right?

Sure! You can definitely do that if you'd like. Just follow these steps to save a new Login item for that site. Then try out the new Login item to make sure it works - if it does, you don't need the old one anymore. :)

This discussion has been closed.