Uninstall 1password6 but keep icloud data intact

dan779
dan779
Community Member

I would like to uninstall 1Password and all local data from one mac. But still keep all my data safe in the cloud and continue to access it from my other macs. how do I do this? Sorry, I know this has been asked before but the articles I read all seemed to fork into other areas not specifically focused on this question. And I want to do this right (for obvious reasons). Thx!

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Delete 1Password v6 from Mac but keep in Cloud

Comments

• dan779
    dan779
    Community Member

Adding to this question, I found this article; https://support.1password.com/uninstall-1password/. There is a sentence in here saying 'do this only if you want to delete your data forever'. Is this specific to the local data only? i DO NOT want to delete my data in iCloud as I have other machines I am keeping and want to continue to use. Sorry. Being overly careful. Thanks.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@dan779 in the article to which you linked in your second post there is a separate section at the end headed To remove your data from Dropbox and iCloud. If you don't do what it says in that section your iCloud data will remain when you follow the previous sections to remove 1Password from your Mac.

Of course, if you're still concerned you don't have to empty the Trash once you've followed the instructions in the article—at least until you know you still have access to your iCloud data from the other Macs. That way, if there is any problem (which I certainly don't foresee) you can simply restore the data.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dan779,

Stephen's answer is spot-on: Your 1Password data will remain in iCloud unless you go through the steps to remove it from there.

I hope his answer was helpful for you, but if you have more questions about that, please let us know. We're here for you! :)

• dan779
    dan779
    Community Member

Thank you folks. Everything seemed to work as described. I really appreciate the quick responses.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dan779

On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome! I hope you're all set up now but if you need help with anything else we're always here for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.