The auto lock function stopped work in my 1Password Safari extension.

Rockhound
Rockhound
Community Member

Ever since I upgraded to macOS Sierra, the auto lock function does not seem to work in my 1Password Safari extension. In the application itself I have it set to lock if it is idle for more than 5 minutes. However, if I unlock 1Password from within Safari, while the app is not running, and then come back over an hour later and it is still unlocked. In order to get it to lock I have actually run the app and then quit it or let the time expire. It did not behave this way before the upgrade to Sierra. The Safari extension used to automatically lock just fine. So, what is going on here?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Autolock not working in Sierra

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Rockhound,

I'm sorry the auto-lock function doesn't seem to be working correctly for you!

To help figure out what's going on, we'll need to know a few more details about your setup:

Thanks in advance! :)

• Rockhound
    Rockhound
    Community Member

I am using version 6.3.3.
    It is the AgileBits Store version.
    The Extension is version 4.5.9 and auto update extensions is selected.
    As for what is selected in the Auto-lock settings, see the attached screen capture.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @Rockhound! So just to make sure I understand: If the main 1Password app is open & unlocked, and your Mac sits idle for 5 minutes, 1Password will lock itself. But if the main app is closed, and you've unlocked 1Password from the extension, it remains unlocked even after your Mac has been idle for an hour or more. Is that correct?

The first thing I'd like you to try is to restart 1Password mini: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Then quit the main app. Unlock 1Password from the extension in Safari, and then don't touch your Mac for at least 5 minutes (maybe give it an extra couple minutes just to be sure). After that, is 1Password locked or unlocked?

If you try that but it's still unlocked, please reboot your Mac. Once it restarts, try it again (i.e. unlock 1Password from the extension, wait for over 5 minutes without using your Mac at all, then check to see if 1Password is locked or unlocked). Does that make any difference?

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there.

• Rockhound
    Rockhound
    Community Member

Restarting 1Password Mini seems to have fixed the problem. No restart was necessary. However, I have restarted my Mac a number of times since I first noticed the problem. So, that did not fix the problem by itself. Anyway, it is working just fine now. Thanks for the help.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Rockhound

On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that 1Password is up and locking when it should again :chuffed: I hope it all goes well for you from now on, but if you need help with anything else we're always here for you!

This discussion has been closed.