Auto-submit no longer working on Chrome for Mac

Charger
Charger
Community Member

Hi guys,

Have updated everything. Auto-submit will still pre-populate username and password fields, but no longer automatically login on site in question.

Thanks for your help!

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.3.3 (633000) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• zenoform
    zenoform
    Community Member

Same problem here. The cmd+\ fill wasn't working either. A quick update on Chrome fixed the problem here.

Chrome: (Version 53.0.2785.143 (64-bit)
    1Password 6 / Version 6.3.3 (633001)

• Charger
    Charger
    Community Member

Ok. That's the Chrome Version I'm using, but still no joy. Cmd+\ working fine.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Charger and @zenoform

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password and autofill. Could you please test if it works correctly on other browsers, like Safari for example? I'd also like you to please update Chrome and see if there's any difference.

i hope to hear back from you so we can get this sorted out :chuffed:

• zenoform
    zenoform
    Community Member

Thanks @Pilar -- @Charger > after I updated Chrome, I deleted the extension, closed out of Chrome completely, and then opened Chrome again (fresh) and reinstalled the extension. After that - no problems.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Charger,

If you're using the latest version of Chrome (currently 53.0.2785.143) and the latest 1Password extension (it looks like you already are), then quitting and restarting Chrome might help to solve the problem. You might also try rebooting your Mac to see if it helps. If that doesn't make a difference, you can certainly try zenoform's suggestion of deleting the 1Password extension from Chrome and reinstalling it.

If you try all of that but 1Password still won't automatically submit sign-in forms on any website after it fills your username/password, please open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar. Select the Browser tab and make sure the ‘Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords’ option is enabled (i.e. has a checkmark next to it). If not, click the box to enable it.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• Charger
    Charger
    Community Member

Hi @Pilar, @zenoform and @Drew_AG,

Thanks so much for all your help! Running perfectly again.

Was @Drew_AG's suggestion to go check in Preferences that did the trick. ‘Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords’ option wasn't enabled. Must've disabled during latest Update. Will know next time! Cheers :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! I'm glad to hear it's working again. Thanks for following up to let us know.

You should be all set now, but we're here for you if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.