MacOS upgrade, 1 password upgraded as well and now won't open nor will the extension in safari

Billf13
Billf13
Community Member

Since the MacOs upgrade and 1Password upgrade I cannot open the app on my iMac nor will the extension work in Safari. No error message, nothing. Click the app and no response at all.

Luckily, 1password mini still works. All my IOS devices work fine with the 1password app.

Thanks,

Bill..

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: macOs sierra 10.12
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:App won't open

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Billf13

I'm sorry to hear that the migration to Sierra wasn't completely smooth for 1Password for you! Could you please try and see if 1Password appears when you search for it in Spotlight? You can drag it to the bin and download it again. If you can't see it anywhere to drag it, can you still try to download and install it and tell us how it goes?

I hope to hear back from you soon so we can get 1Password back up on its feet for you :chuffed:

• Billf13
    Billf13
    Community Member

Pilar,

As usual, a complete removal of 1Password, a fresh download from the app store and complete reinstall seems to have done the trick. All is working just fine including the Safari extension.

Happy customer..

Bill...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that reinstalling the app helped. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

• markjo12
    markjo12
    Community Member

Im having the same issue.
    I uninstalled it completely and restarted my Mac and still nothing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@markjo12: I'm sorry to hear that! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you using Safari? Are you experiencing the same problem in other browsers as well? Thanks in advance! :)

• Davtayl
    Davtayl
    Community Member

I am having same problem. Just updated my iMac to Sierra. If I delete the 1Password app and try to reinstall it wants to charge me the full fee (£49.99). How do I avoid this?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016

@Davtayl: If you bought 1Password form the Mac App Store, you can download it again from your purchase history; it's tied to your Apple ID. If you purchased it from the AgileBits store, just download it from our site and register the app with your license to remove the trial restrictions. I hope this helps! :)

• Davtayl
    Davtayl
    Community Member

I still can't download 1Password without apple telling me it will charge full rate. I paid for the program via iTunes 3 years ago. What EXACTLY do I do to get it working again?

• Davtayl
    Davtayl
    Community Member

I bought it from Mac App Store but whenI try to download it now it wants to charge me. Will it?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Davtayl: If you're not properly logged into the correct Apple ID which has the app in its purchase history, you will be charged. Definitely check your receipt to verify the Apple ID used. And keep in mind that if you received a refund from Apple, they would have also removed it from your purchase history. But in either case, they'll be able to help sort out any App Store purchase issues for you if you contact them directly. Cheers! :)

• Davtayl
    Davtayl
    Community Member

Thanks. All works fine now!

• On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome. We're here if you have other questions about 1Password. :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Davtayl,

I noticed you opened a separate discussion about this. To avoid confusion, I merged that message into this thread where it looks like you've solved the problem. Hopefully you're all set now, but we're here for you if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.