Conflicts - username

Mitchellls
Mitchellls
Community Member

I've noticed some conflicts in some Google accounts. What worries me is this : Conflicts - username , followed by an unknown name !
I don't know what this means and I don't understand this conflict.
Please help me :-)

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:conflict+username

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Bonjour chère @Mitchellls

"Conflicts" are created when a file has been updated at identical time and date from two different sources (for example your iOS and Mac) and what you're using to sync just can't tell which one is the right data. In other words, is one more way we have to protect you from data loss: if there's any doubt of which is the right set of data 1Password will keep both and let you decide!

Now, if you don't remember having updated your username to ALAHSA at any point something weird is happening here! Do you use that username for something else, that you might have changed in the wrong place?

In general, I want to reassure you that conflicts are not something to be scared of but something there to protect your data and avoid data loss :chuffed:

• Mitchellls
    Mitchellls
    Community Member

Muchas gracias Pilar

When I look at the username (the one above Password), it's the right one, it's actually my Gmail adress.
    So I understand that there is a conflict if there is another username somewhere for the same account. The problem is I don't know who is this ASHALA.
    AND I notice I have another strange conflict : the exact same user/password and another login. This time, the username is one of my other Gmail accounts, and there is a new conflict with another user called SUIHA.

The only explanation I could have is ASHALA and SUIHA could be some automatic passwords generated by 1Password. But why here, I don't know. As usual, I'm probably the bug :-)

I still worry a bit because 1Password is also installed on my Samsung Note 4 and when I check it I see it's still Stagefright vulnerable. So who knows what could happen.
    I will go back to iPhone :-)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mitchellls,

With fields such as "ASHALA" and "SUIHA" that are short, all caps, and don't include "@gmail.com", I wonder if they aren't actually usernames at all, and 1Password just incorrectly labelled them that way in the Conflicts field. They actually remind me of CAPTCHA codes, which are required on some sites to verify that you're a human (although I don't know if Google has ever used something like that on their own sign-in forms).

It might also be some sort of hidden field that was saved in the web form details of your Login item when you saved it from the browser extension. In the main 1Password app, please find one of those Login items with the strange Conflicts field, and click the 'show web form details' near the bottom of the item details. That should show your regular username/email and password that you use to sign into Gmail, but it might also show some other fields. Does anything there show "ASHALA" or "SUIHA" or something similar?

This discussion has been closed.