New User - How to move Personal Vault entries to Primary Vault?

hevelius
hevelius
Community Member

Hi,
I've just started trying the demo version of 1Password. I exported my LastPass entries to the Personal vault but then I wanted to set up a cloud sync option (iCloud).

After setting up iCloud Sync it has created an empty Primary vault. My question is what am I supposed to do next? Should I migrate the entries from my newly created Personal vault? Do I then wipe them from the original vault?

Otherwise, I face confusion about which vault to add new entries and possible duplicates between the 2 vaults.

Sorry if these questions seem facile. I'm a new user and trying to get the best out of the product.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @hevelius,

Is there a reason you're wanting to use iCloud sync? You already have really great device to device sync automatically setup with that Personal vault. The various sync options that show up under the Sync tab (when local vaults are enabled) aren't needed at all when you're using a 1Password.com Account. This is because the 1Password.com Account is automatically synchronized for you without any additional setup required.

Rudy

• hevelius
    hevelius
    Community Member

I understand that what you describe is possible with a subscription account - but with the one-off payment option I don't get the device-to-device syncing you mention without choosing either WLAN sync or some kind of cloud service. Such syncing is linked to the (empty) Primary vault that has just been created.

So I want to use account syncing without having a 1Password account then I will need to transfer the entries from my Personal to the Primary vault. I may end up signing up for an account anyway, but I want to keep my options open before I plump for one or the other. Hope that's clear.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@hevelius the easiest way to transfer your entries from your personal to your primary vault is to select them all in the list of entries in the second pane of the main 1Password app (just select one of the entries then press ⌘ + A to select all of them), right click on that list, choose Share from the context menu and then Primary—which will give you the option of either copying or moving the entries to that vault.

If you go to 1Password > Preferences > All Vaults you'll see you can choose the Vault for Saving - so that all new entries automatically go into the vault you want.

Stephen

• hevelius
    hevelius
    Community Member

Thank you, Stephen. That answers my question perfectly. :)

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hevelius

I'm glad to hear that @Stephen_C 's answer was helpful and did the trick for you :chuffed: If you have any other questions about 1Password or if there's anything else that you'd like to know or do just let us know!

This discussion has been closed.