The browser extension not working after installing Sierra

GDX
GDX
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Mac

I did a clean install of macOS Sierra and now my 1password extension is not working. I can see 1password in the contextual menu but it won't fill the form fields. I also tried clicking on "open and fill" on the website field of the main app, and that will open the website on the browser but, again, the form fields are not filled. I tried Chrome and Safari and none of them work.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: macOS 10.12
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• GDX
    GDX
    Community Member

I found out the problem. In the end it was't anything related to Sierra. The problem was the website I was trying to log in into (my bank's website) has change its domain name so it was redirecting me to the new address silently (the website design hasn't change so I din't realise about it until now). 1password wasn't recognising the address and therefor not filling in the fields. I update the address and it is all working now.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @GDX

It sounds like you're all set up and 1Password is back to working for you! When things like the domain name or details about the design it can get very tricky to find out what the problem is, so I'm glad that you got to the right answer :chuffed: It sounds like you're all set up and ready to keep in using 1Password but if you bump into any other trouble or need help with anything else, we're always here to help you!

This discussion has been closed.