Is there a way to display all vaults all the time sidebar in the Mac OS app?

kennerhk
kennerhk
Community Member

Is there a way to display all of my vaults ALL THE TIME in the sidebar rather than having to click the pull-down menu and select the vault I want? It's very time consuming to have to go through this just to work with multiple vaults.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to display all vaults in sidebar?

Comments

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

This sounds like a great feature to have as an optional preference that users can enable and disable. I have 5 vaults so a single click vault change rather than double click vault change would be ideal in my opinion!

+1

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kennerhk and @rctneil

I have great news for both of you! If you go to the vault switcher the first option is called "All Vaults". The icon is a circle made of color circles. This shows the items of all your vaults all mixed together! If you go to 1Password in the menu bar and then Preferences, one of the options is "All Vaults". This will allow you to chose things like which vaults you want to display on the "All Vaults" view. :chuffed:

Please let us know what you think about all this!

• kennerhk
    kennerhk
    Community Member

Pilar, thanks for the response, but your suggestion just displays the -contents- of all the vaults in one list. It doesn't display all of the different vaults in the sidebar. For example, I have two vaults...Primary and a 2nd one I created called Archive to hold all the old, rarely used log-ins that I don't want to delete. What I'd like to see is -both- the Primary and Archive vaults listed in the sidebar at the same time. As it is, you can only select one vault to display at any given time because the vaults are all contained in a pull-down menu.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the clarification, @kennerhk! I see what you mean now - you want to see the full list of vaults in the sidebar so you can just click on one to select it, instead of clicking the drop-down menu first. Although I can't make any promises about if/when we might add a feature like that, I'd be happy to let our developers know you requested it. I think it would be helpful for a lot of other customers as well!

For now, in case it helps, you can use keyboard shortcuts to easily switch between vaults. Use ⌘1 for the first vault in the list, ⌘2 for the second vault, and so on. Use ⌘0 to switch to the All Vaults view. That works in the main 1Password app as well as 1Password mini / browser extension.

Thanks again for your suggestion! If you need anything else, please let us know - we're always glad to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.